I aim to promote the interests of Tasmanian's, conscious of the rights of each person, the importance of every community and our place in the connected world.
Current campaigns I am working on include:
- Tasmanian Infrastructure needs - including Cradle Mountain upgrades, Hobart Ferries and Hobart Light Rail
- Bringing Australian Federal Police back to Hobart Airport
- An Australian Modern Slavery Act - I am committed to the abolition of slavery in all its forms. My participation in the public hearings of the Joint Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade’s Inquiry into Establishing a Modern Slavery Act in Australia brought home to me the significance of this issue, and the importance of a victim centred approach to the eradication of modern slavery.
- Banning Australia's domestic commercial trade in elephant ivory and rhinocerous horn - the Parliament's Joint Standing Committee on Law Enforcement has agreed to my proposal, as its Deputy Chair, to examine whether Australia should take more legislative, regulatory and enforcement measures to further restrict, or even close, its domestic markets for commercial trade in these products.
- The cruelty in some sectors of Australia's live-export trade.
- Medicinal cannabis and drug law reform
- The humanitarian emergency on Manus Island and the Rohingya Refugee Crisis in Myanmar and Bangladesh
- Promoting renewable energy and stopping the Adani mine
- Supporting the United Nations and international nuclear disarmament
- Australian Republic Movement
These issues change - check back in for further information.
If you have an issue that you are concerned about or want more detail on you can email me at email@example.com.